Saturday, May 28, 2011

"You Smell Like Fish 'N' Chips

You win some, you lose some.

I suppose I should have been prepared for food comparisons. After all, I am using things straight from my kitchen cupboards. For the past week, I've been rinsing out my hair, after shampooing, with apple cider vinegar. I've been using it to add shine and bounce. It is also suppose to help dandruff if you rub it into your scalp, although I haven't tried this quite yet. I haven't posted about the apple cider vinegar because I wanted to give it awhile to see if it worked or not. I can verify as to the shine. However, two days ago, I exited the shower and my husband boldly exclaimed: "You smell like fish and chips! Gross. Aren't you going to wash that out?" He then proceeded to hold his nose and run away from me. So, I've decided to still use the vinegar for the hair rinse, but only on days when he's out of the house. And if I'm out and about and do smell like fish and chips, I apologize.

Now for the winner...

I've always had trouble getting my makeup brushes clean. I've never felt like washing my foundation brush has been as effective as I wanted. Today, I tried a new method. Instead of using baby shampoo or the usual store-bought product, I used dawn dish soap and olive oil. The dish soap disinfects and cuts through the grime and grit and the olive oil reconditions. It is the perfect combo.

Pour some dish soap on a plate ( I use dawn that is suppose to be good for hands) and then add an equal part olive oil. Swirl your brush in the mixture and then work it through and back and forth on your hand. Run under warm water. For extra difficult grime, I pour boiling water in cup and swirl the brush part in the water. I'm careful not to submerge more than just the bristles in the boiling water, for fear that it will loosen the glue that holds the brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment