Saturday, May 21, 2011

Avocado Surprise

In an attempt to be as beautiful as I can be for tomorrow's big day (Our 1-year wedding anniversary), I decided to double up on the beauty treatments today. I had to go to the grocery store to get supplies for our anniversary picnic and picked up an avocado while I was there.

I found a recipe for both a hair and face. For the hair, I used 1/2 an avocado, an egg yolk, and some extra virgin olive oil. I mixed together. For the face, I used the egg white, avocado (it was suppose to be a half, but ended up 1/4 after I started spreading avocado on triscuits), fresh squeezed lemon juice, and oats. I kept the skin of the avocado, because I'm going to rub it around on my knees and elbows for extra moisture before bed.






I have to say, I felt really gross when I started putting the mixture on my hair and face. The lemon juice didn't feel so great after it started stinging parts of my face, but I did feel the mask tightening as I left it on. I left the hair mask on for 30 minutes and the face mask on for 20 minutes. If my face feels good tomorrow morning, I may use this face recipe again. Next time, I will probably grind up the oats in a food processor. I don't think they added anything extra in their original form.

The real winner of the day? The cucumber. I had never put cucumber on my eyes before, but the oldest trick in the book usually works. It felt fabulous! I have horrible dark circles under my eyes and this may be my new go-to daily trick.



1 comment:

  1. Wowswers!! What a fabulous first post!!! Thank you for inviting me, Cousin!! But you are too young to need all that treatment!!
    We had a marvelous time at your wedding, and I still have a jar of jam!
    Blogging is great therapy for the stresses of our working lives. Welcome to the Bloggyhood!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete