Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cinnamon in a Day will Keep the Ants at Bay

I few weeks ago, my husband and I discovered we had been invaded by ants. They had created a little colony within the walls and baseboards of our guest bathroom. If that weren't bad enough, another colony of ants had taken over my begonia plant. Not wanting to spray toxic chemicals in the house, I looked online for natural alternatives.

Cinnamon works like a charm! I sprinkled some (by some, I mean a lot of) cinnamon in the begonia plant and worked it into the top layer of potted soil and the ants evacuated almost immediately. Getting rid of the ants in the bathroom was a tougher job. The ants had formed their little lines coming and going from the kitchen. I doused cinnamon along these lines to block the ants' from using their chemical trail. I also doused the baseboards in cinnamon. Thankfully, they left our walls. One day, I literally saw thousands of ants exiting (all carrying eggs) our home via a very small crack in the brick, right where the baseboard ended on the inside. So cinnamon saved the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment