Saturday, May 21, 2011

Coffee Makes the World Go 'Round.

I woke up this morning and my face still feels moisturized from the last night's olive oil experiment. My hair feels soft and silky, but also a bit oily. I have naturally oily hair and I've almost never been able to take a shower the night before and skip the hair washing the next morning. If I do, by the end of the day, my hair looks and feels gross. With this new olive oil treatment, I can tell I will definitely have to wash the morning after...

On to today's remedy...I had heard that tea bags were great as an under-eye treatment (due to the caffeine) and decided to Google coffee as a beauty treatment. Apparently, coffee has a ton of beauty uses. I already use my grounds to fertilize my strawberry plant, and today I used my grounds to scrub my skin. Every morning I drink 3 full cups of coffee. Today, I mixed all my grounds from my morning coffee and mixed with honey. I jumped in the shower and scrubbed my face and body with the mixture and then washed it away.  I like the scrub treatment, but I'll do it differently next time. For starters, I added too much honey and the mixture lacked consistency. Next time, I'll probably add some Greek yogurt to the mix. The grounds were larger than my usual St. Ives scrub. Although, the grounds were still warm when I swirled them over my face, which I think helped open my pores. I had read that you should use the grounds within 20 minutes or they lose their effectiveness. I had more than enough grounds for my body and decided to pore the rest over my hair and then washed it out.

Be warned, this is a messy endeavor. It took me an extra bit of time to wash out the grounds from the tub. So, I think my St. Ives is a safe staple in my home for mornings when I'm too rushed for time to make up the coffee mixture.

1 comment: