Friday, July 1, 2011

A Pinch of Cornstarch in a Pinch

I have very dark and naturally oily hair. Previously, I had never been able to wash my hair the night before or skip a wash. If I did wash my hair the night before and didn't re-wash the next morning, by noon I felt gross. I was always jealous of those that could, because wet hair in the morning is a huge time drain when you need to get out of the door. My sister, has always been able to use baby powder to soak up excess oil because she has lighter hair. Unfortunately, baby powder made my dark hair look like ash. I also tried the Tresseme dry shampoo, but it absolutely did not work on my hair and I hated that it was a foam.

All this changed when Suave Professionals came out with their dry shampoo. It is heaven in $2.75 cent package. I still cannot believe how good it works. Somehow, it gets my hair clean, shiny, and bouncy all at the same time. The spray does come out a little gray on my hair, but it settles right in and I do not have the gray hair problem. Now I take showers at night and never have to worry about wet hair in the morning. The biggest problem I have is that one bottle doesn't last all that long because I use it so often. Thus, this morning, I realized I had run out of Suave Dry Shampoo and was in a pinch.

Knowing that I couldn't use baby powder, I went to the kitchen cupboard and deliberated between cornstarch and baking powder. I settled on the cornstarch and am so glad that I did. It works pretty well! It definitely soaks in better than baby powder and leaves a lot less of the ashy color (although Suave is still better). As of 1:00 pm today, my hair does not feel dirty, scratchy, oily, or gross. For those with darker hair, I definitely suggest the cornstarch.

No comments:

Post a Comment