Saturday, September 17, 2011

3 Cheers for Baking Soda

I know I have been lax about posting, but no need to worry, my bathroom still contains all the ingredients of a fine Italian restaurant. Lately, I have been using a lot of product in my hair. I have been experimenting with rope braids, fishtail braids, up-dos, and curly cues so much that my hair has become inundated with hairspray, gel, mousse, foam, serum, the swamp thing...you get the picture.

My tip of the day is to mix just a 2 teaspoons (and maybe a dash more) of baking soda with your regular shampoo to really cleanse your hair of all this product. I learned this little tidbit awhile back online and it absolutely works! I usually use volumizing shampoo, so instead of buying a separate bottle of clarifying shampoo, I just mix a bit of arm & hammer with my regular shampoo and VOILA!

Baking Soda is the most amazing product. A box costs less than a dollar and it works as a great kitchen cleanser, rust remover, dry shampoo, and clarifying agent. I'm sure it has more uses...I'm on a mission to find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment